|356 mm/45 41st Year Type in a twin turret3 х 2 pcs.|
|Rate of Fire2.14 shots/min.|
|Reload Time28 sec.|
|Rotation Speed4 deg./sec.|
|180 Degree Turn Time45 sec.|
|Firing Range15.05 km.|
|Maximum Dispersion218 m.|
|HE Shell356 mm HE Type0|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage5,700|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell25 %|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity805 m./s.|
|HE Shell Weight625 kg.|
|AP Shell356 mm AP Type5|
|Maximum AP Shell Damage10,000|
|Initial AP Shell Velocity790 m./s.|
|AP Shell Weight635.5 kg.|
|76 mm/40 41st Year Type on a single mount6 х 1 pcs.|
|Firing Range4 km.|
|Rate of Fire12 shots/min.|
|Reload Time5 sec.|
|HE Shell76 mm HE Mk2|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage1,300|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity680 m./s.|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell5 %|
|152 mm/50 41st Year Type on a casemate mount16 х 1 pcs.|
|Firing Range4 km.|
|Rate of Fire6 shots/min.|
|Reload Time10 sec.|
|HE Shell152 mm HE Type4|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage2,500|
|Initial HE Shell Velocity825 m./s.|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell9 %|
|Maximum Speed24.42 knot|
|Turning Circle Radius730 m.|
|Rudder Shift Time15.3 sec.|
|Surface Detectability Range15.05 km.|
|Air Detectability Range7.38 km.|
Myōgi — Japanese Tier IV battleship.
A very high speed battlecruiser design with relatively weak armor typical of this type of ship. It was a prototype for the Kongo-class battlecruisers.
|Rate of Fire|
|180° Turn Time|
|Maximum HE Shell Damage|
|Chance of Fire on Target Caused by HE Shell|
|Maximum AP Shell Damage
|356 mm/45 41st Year Type in a twin turret||2.1||37.5||218||5,700||25||10,000||0||90,000|
|Secondary Gun Turrets|
|Firing Range Increase|
|Maximum Firing Range
|Type4 mod. 1||0||15.1||0||32,000|
|Type4 mod. 2||10||16.6||1,000||130,000|
Myogi can be fun and it can be a nightmare. At stock, most people would not appreciate it at all. With a 13.9 km range and a top speed of 25.3 knots, it is still pretty decent for stock configuration. However the nightmare part comes because unlike the previous Kawachi, and the US and German dreadnoughts, Myogi is only equipped with 6 356mm guns arranged in three twin turrets with two turrets at the rear. With its stock hull, Myogi will easily be shot full of holes by anything before it can return fire. Not to mention, with only 6 guns and a slow reload, you can't really do anything once you have missed but wait for the gruesome reload while getting peppered by enemy vessels. To add salt to the wound, the Myogi doesn't have any AA guns until her third hull upgrade, which means you can only evade the torpedoes and bombs from aircraft or just pray your armor absorbs the damage.Once the time and effort had been spent to fully upgraded her however, Myogi is a solid-performing tier 4 battleship. With a gun range of 18.6km or more if a scout plane is used, the only thing on the battlefield she has to worry about are any other fully upgraded Myogis or elder sisters such as the Kongo, since there are no other dreadnoughts she faces that have such a long reach. Also equipped on her is a relatively powerful array of Anti Aircraft guns, capable of holding her own against squads of enemy planes. If her AA guns fail to perform, with her impressive top speed of 29 knots, she can get out of tight corners and trouble. While it is awful in the beginning, she is a valuable asset to the team once upgraded and can really become a powerful influence on the battlefield. You should play like a battlecruiser, not a true battleship, as her armor is poor and so are her guns.
- Enormous range: With a gun range that is a staggering 18.6km fully upgraded, she out ranges all other ships except other Japanese battleships.
- Relatively advanced Anti-Aircraft suite: When upgraded with the C Hull, her relatively ahead-of-her-tier AA layout and AA armament are able to put a decent dent into incoming aircraft that try to bring her harm.
- Rearward-heavy turret placement: her one forward two back turret arrangement can be a nasty surprise for ships chasing her or sneaking up from behind.
- Heavy-caliber guns: With her 356mm guns, she has larger guns than the 305mm guns of her American and German counterparts and the 343mm guns of her British counterparts. If the shells hit home, they will hit hard.
- High speed: She greatly outpaces lower tier battleships and American dreadnoughts and can keep them at distance, and can keep up with escorting cruisers.
- 356mm guns have the potential to destroy most cruisers with just a couple of broadsides if not a few shells.
- C Hull beefs up this ship noticeably, being one of the few battleship hull upgrades that changes her armor layout, increases gun reload speed and turn speed, increases maximum range, and adds/improves AA capability, all in one upgrade.
- Hefty secondary battery - better than Ishizuchi's.
- Few main guns: With only 6 guns with a long reload and low accuracy, she is left vulnerable at closer range, especially to destroyers and DPM orientated cruisers.
- Terrible Dispersion: Cannot hit anything reliably at long range, expect plenty of misses.
- Battlecruiser armor: While her armor can stop most cruiser shells, she is vulnerable to being penetrated by battleship-caliber weapons.
- Poor stock configuration: Low range and no Anti-Aircraft armament when stock makes her vulnerable to other battleships and aircraft.
- Poor turning radius: She can run aground if you are not careful, and her large turning radius can make it difficult to evade torpedoes.
- Unique turret placement will severely reduce firepower if angling the ship bow on.
- Falls heavily when faced with large fleets.
- Horrid detection range, at stock configuration you will be spotted before you can even engage the very ship that spotted you. Though this is mitigated once fully upgraded, it still has a greater detection range than its elder sister Kongo.
The recommended upgrades for Myōgi are as follows:
Slot 1 provides players with the first option in choosing their desired role. Typically, Main Armaments Modification 1 is recommended to provide additional survivability to the main battery, but players who desire to specialize in the secondary or anti-aircraft armament should choose Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 .
|Recommended Commander Skills|
Improved Repair Party Readiness
Focus Fire Marksman
Manual Secondary Battery Aiming
Close Quarters Combat
|Key: ★★★ - Extremely Useful ★★ - Frequently Useful ★ - Occasionally Useful No stars - Not Useful|
Players can equip the following consumables on Myogi:
SignalsMyogi comes with 21 signal flag slots. The three most important flags are India Delta, Juliet Yankee Bissotwo and India Yankee; all of which will improve your survivability.
Myogi (妙義, named after Mount Myōgi in Gunma Prefecture) is based on Project B-40 which was a preliminary battlecruiser design drawn up by Sir George Thurston for the Imperial Japanese Navy. The B-40 was one of three designs originally submitted to the Japanese for consideration: B-39, B-40, and B-41. All three were rejected as the Japanese didn't consider them adequate for their needs, but their design was further developed upon and would eventually result in the Kongo-class battlecruiser (B-46).
Since B-40 was never built she never received a name historically, and the name "Myogi" — which was never given to any warship of the IJN in real life — was given to the design by Wargaming in accordance with the Imperial Japanese tradition to name battlecruisers after mountains.
- Both hull upgrades are fictitious.
- The ship was designed in 1910; its 120mm and 25mm AA guns did not exist until 1921 and 1935 respectively.
Ship Change Log
See here for links to Update notes.
- Added to the game in Update 0.2.1 (alpha) under the name Masamune, later the name was changed to Haku.
- Update 0.2.2.5:
- Upgraded main battery turrets rotation speed and reload speed increased.
- Update 0.2.4:
- Renamed to Myogi.
- Update 0.3.1.1:
- The rudder shift of the stock ship configuration returned to the values in Update 0.3.0 after the mechanics of ship movement were reworked in Update 0.3.1.
- Update 0.4.0:
- A new hull was added with a pagoda superstructure, which is familiar to late Japanese battleships, and good optics, which increase its maximum firing range.
- In the starting configuration, the effective fire distance was reduced, and for the final hull configuration, the ability to launch a spotter aircraft was added.
- Update 0.5.1:
- The number of charges of the "Catapult Fighter I" consumable was reduced to 2 ( "Catapult Fighter II" - to 3).
- Update 0.5.2:
- Experience earnings reduced by -2%.
- Update 0.5.6:
- Hull (C): 4х4 12mm/62 "HI" Type and 4х2 40mm "HI" Type91 AA mounts were replaced with 8х2 25mm/60 Type96 Twin mod. 1 mounts. As a result, her average AA damage within the 1.2km AA engagement area radius (8 points) and the 2km radius (32 points) was transferred to the 3.1km AA engagement area radius (40 points). Consequently, the total average damage of her AA guns remained unchanged but their firing range has increased.
- Update 0.5.7:
- Fixed the intersection of the main guns and the catapult.
- Update 0.5.11:
- The armored model of the hull was refined.
- Update 0.6.2:
- The national flag was moved from the stern to the mast.
- Update 0.6.3:
- Base firing range increased from 13,880 to 16,950 m.
- Update 0.6.8:
- Fixed a situation in which the maximum firing range exceeded the ship's view range:
- The stock firing range on Hulls (A) and (B) was reduced to 15 km, for Hull (B) the view range was increased to 19.87 km.
- Update 0.6.12:
- Detectability when firing main guns in smoke changed to 14.54 km.
- Improved appearance of the ship thanks to special technology for improved rendering of subtle elements (mainly rigging). This will not affect the performance of the game in any way.
- The durability of the rudder on Hull A decreased by 900 points. This change does not affect the ship's HP in any way.
- Update 0.6.15:
- The probability of a fire on Hull (B) was slightly reduced and is now equal to the probability of a fire on Hull (C).
- Update 0.7.6:
- Improved display of thin elements on the hull.
- Update 0.7.7:
- Hull (A): main battery reload time reduced from 33 to 30 s.
- Hull (A): traverse speed of main battery turrets increased from 3.0 to 4.0 degrees/s.
- Sigma increased from 1.8 to 2.0.
- Update 0.7.11:
- Armor-piercing shells of 152-mm secondary battery guns were replaced with high-explosive shells.
- The base detectability of the ship was reduced from 16.6 to 15.1 km; visibility after firing main guns in smoke from 14.5 to 13.1 km; aircraft detectability from 10.7 to 9.23 km.
- Update 0.7.12:
- Main battery reload time reduced from 30 to 28 s.
- Increased armor penetration of the 356 mm AP Type5 AP shell.
- Update 0.9.6:
- The value of the in-game turning circle radius was changed to 730 m to correct prior discrepancy.
- Update 0.10.0:
- The firing range of the secondary battery was increased to 4 km.
- Update 0.10.4:
- Fixed the firing angles of the secondary battery.